Looking for a system to track ALL students in your healthcare organization?
Online Interactive Database for Clinical Placements
Managing clinical placements for students has long been an arduous task that often results in multiple phone calls and emails to orchestrate multiple students going to multiple departments within a facility, location, or health system. PlacementPro provides schools and facilities with an online database of placement opportunities that can be requested and approved with a few clicks of the mouse. To encourage best practice and optimal use of PlacementPro, facilities post their available placement opportunities for schools to search and request online. Recognizing that placement strategies and policies vary with organizations and programs of study, PlacementPro provides flexibility to meet these differences …
- The system accommodates a variety of placement types such as group, precepted, observation, and leadership.
- When a request is received, facility staff can review requests and notify schools of their decision with a few mouse clicks. Automated emails are used to alert facility and school contacts of placement requests and decisions.
- The data may be searched by a variety of parameters including placement ID, term, day of the week, facility, unit type, placement type, etc.
- Placements may be tagged as “standing” for a single academic term and school, based upon the policies of the facility and to maintain long-standing relationships
- Potential placement conflicts are flagged to alert facilities when requests would result in more than 1 group of students on a given unit during the 24-hour period. This allows facilities to monitor for staff-student fatigue.
- Exports of all placement data are easily accomplished using Excel.
- Reporting capabilities offer the opportunity to determine placement capacity, identify underutilized areas, and placement use by each school/facility.
- Facilities retain control of all placements and can close placements as needed when there is a staffing issue or other reasons that compromise the learning opportunity for students.
In addition to monitoring what students and instructors are assigned to their organization during an academic term, compliance monitoring is also available. This feature of PlacementPro is known as Clinical Requirement Management or CRM. School users can document the various compliance requirements (immunizations, liability insurance, background checks, OrientPro completions, etc.) for validation by the facility. In most cases, data is entered once for the student and instructor and then updated as needed for subsequent academic terms based on requirement expirations such as flu immunizations. Student data is archived once the student graduates; instructor data is archived when the instructor leaves the school’s employment. In addition, any specific form or document required by the facility can be uploaded by the school into the system. Reporting tools provide access to compliance metrics such as identifying the number of students/instructors who had a flu immunization/waiver during a given flu season.
Fee structure is an annual flat rate licensing fee plus a one-time setup fee to create the portal/database and provide training to the regional/state coordinator; or TCPS can provide coordination services if a local individual is not available with the cost being scalable based upon the number of partners with the region/state.
Contact the TCPS Team and schedule a demonstration of TCPS PlacementPro!