What are YOUR clinical placement challenges?
In discussions with educators and clinical facilities across the nation, TCPS has identified the following clinical placement challenges and barriers. With these challenges in mind, TCPS has developed online tools that facilities and schools can use to overcome these barriers. Check out the challenges and the related TCPS tool that has been designed to provide improved workflows and quality outcomes.
Which of these challenges and barriers are your struggling with?
- Knowledge about available clinical learning opportunities.
- Too many or too few students at clinical facilities.
- Time required to secure placements – both in the school and the clinical facility.
- Double placement of student groups.
- Lack of placement data in a format that can be used for reporting.
- Redundant clinical orientation requirements and content.
- Using a clinical day for facility orientation.
- Time required for facility or school educators to orient students to assigned facilities.
- Ability to consistently evaluate clinical placements against learning outcomes.
- Limited ability to evaluate clinical preceptors.